Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Julep Takes A Stab At Metallics

Hey hey. I got my Julep box almost 2 weeks ago..and am just now blogging about it. But I am all moved into the new place and this is my first (kind of long) blog from my new couch in my new house! Woo!

If you aren't familiar with Julep, it's a subscription service that gives you nail polish! I got my first box for just 1 cent! If you want to keep receiving boxes, they are $19.99 and well worth the price. Here is a link where you can grab your intro box for 1 cent, just remember the code TWITTER1 HTTP://JULEP.COM/?R=21827352

This months Julep box contained the polishes Alfre and Felicity, I don't have many metallic polishes so I was excited about these! I also received their Acetone-Free conditioning nail polish remover (with pump!), which smells pretty good and work marvelously. Then I got an extra, a reusable tote bag (which was handy carrying my farmers market spoils Saturday)!

Felicity is a yellow-gold metallic chrome color. The formula on this was a bit goopy so I dropped some Seche Restore in, and viola! Like most metallic polishes, you can definitely see the polish strokes, which is a bummer. This is still a fun polish, I would probably use it more for art or accents. This is 2 coats with Seche Vite on top

Julep Felicity

Alfre is a silver/lavender metallic that was very difficult to work with. The brush strokes were hard to get rid of and the formula was a bit off. It bubbled on me, which is very unusual but I could chalk it up to something I did in the painting process. This is 2 coats with Seche Vite on top.

Julep Alfre

The goodies in my Julep Maven box!

Whew! Overall I am pretty pleased with the metallics in my box. I LOVE THE REMOVER!!! I will be buying the remover again, also it has a pump top, I love those. I have some fun polishes coming up so stay tuned! See you next time my lovely, polished ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment