Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

First Post and Vampy, Glittery Goodness

This is the first post of my blog! It's exciting and also a bit intimidating. So hello (if anyone may happen to read my blog, ever. If you are reading it - YOU ARE AWESOME!)

For my first trick, I present my favorite manicure to date. It is Essie's Devil's Advocate with Essie's A Cut Above Luxe Effects on the ring fingers. If you are also interested, I use CND Sticky as a base coat and Seche Vite for my top coat.  Ohhhh Seche Vite, you're so original blog Lady. I know, but it's seriously awesome.

Essie's Devil's Advocate paints beautifully (I know some people have problems with Essie, but this formula is rad). I used 2 coats for this mani. It's vampy goodness and the Luxe Effects just adds a pop of fun to which would otherwise be a pretty serious mani.

I am not a photographer, nor do I have the best camera. I have also included, for your enjoyment, a video of my awkward pinky. Yes, ladies, my pinky is crooked and I feel silly trying to get it to line up.

This is one of those "maybe it's black, maybe it's purple" colors.
Ok, so Tyra needs to teach me "pretty hands". 
And the pièce de résistance, my awkward pinky. 


There we go, my first blog post. Whew, that sure was a hoot. Please visit again, my lovely polished ladies!


4 comments:

  1. Ah HA! I am not the only one in the world who has a misbehaving pinky! I feel like an idiot spending ages on photos trying to get that sucker in line.

    Also, love that mani! Looks very chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I think your pinky looks good, must take a lot of pinky muscle. Wonder if there's an exercise for that....

      Delete
  2. LOL I feel your pain with the awkward pinky. Your video = me trying to get mine to settle down and sit pretty. Adorably hilarious, and I now want to do one of these videos for my next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this might be a bigger epidemic than I thought, maybe we need a support group? haha

      Delete